Aluminium grade 5052 belongs to 5000 series aluminium sheets. It is popular among our customers. This 5052 aluminium alloy has high strength and easy for you to further process it. It is convenient for you to apply the 5052 aluminium alloy for your production business. Meanwhile, Henan CLIMB Aluminum offer you many specifications for you to choose. Whether for the width, thickness and the temper, you can get the factory price.
How much do you know about the aluminium grade 5052 sheet properties?
5052 is a type of aluminium magnesium alloy. Its main chemical component is aluminum and magnesium. The 5052 aluminum sheet has high strength, low density and good heat dissipation. At the same time, CLIMB 5052 aluminum plate is corrosion resistant and easy to be welded.
- Aluminum 5052 sheet has high strength and corrosion resistant. Because of the percentage of chemical components of 5052 aluminum alloy, it has higher strength than 3003 aluminum alloy plate. In addition, there is no magnesium component in aluminium grade 5052 plate. This improve the corrosion resistance of 5052 aluminium sheet.
- 5052 aluminum is easy for forming. Its heat deflection temperature is between 420℃ and 475℃. It is convenient for you to forging and die forging. Under this temperature, the deformation rate can be 80%.
- 5052 aluminium plate is machinable. You can machining the 5052 alloy aluminum sheet with copious lubrication at high speed. It is essential for you to utilize sharp tools for cutting.
- It is convenient for you to welding the 5052 alloy aluminium plates by standard techniques. This 5052 aluminum alloy has good performance in gas welding, arc welding, resistance welding, spot welding and seam welding.
What specifications can CLIMB Aluminum supply for aluminium grade 5052?
As a professional 5052 aluminum sheet supplier, CLIMB Aluminum Co., Ltd. can supply different specifications of aluminium grade 5052 sheets. From width, temper and thickness, CLIMB provides you different choices.
About the temper of CLIMB aluminum 5052 plate
Generally, our customers often use h22, h32, h34, h111, h112 and O temper for their business. O temper means soft. It has good elongation performance. You can stretch and spin 5052 O aluminum plate easily. Meanwhile, the mechanical properties of 5052 h32 aluminum sheet and 5052 h34 aluminum are more stable. These two temper have higher strength than O temper. Besides, we also have 5052 h114 aluminum checker plate. It is widely used for anti slip.
About the width of 5052 aluminum plates
The width is a key factor when you want to buy aluminum sheet. Our factory has advanced equipment for manufacturing aluminum plates. Our maximum width is 2300mm. It is a great advantages of our factory. Generally, we have stocks of general size, such as 4×8, 5×10, 4×10 and so on. If you need special sizes for your own business, please contact us, we can customize for you.
About the thickness of aluminum sheet 5052
CLIMB aluminium can provide thin 5052 aluminum alloy sheets and thick aluminium plate for you. Our thinnest 5052 aluminium alloy sheet is about 0.2mm. At the same time, we can offer you rolled 5052 aluminum coil if the thickness is under 5mm. And for the thick aluminum, the maximum thickness is 150mm. Meanwhile, it is worth to be mentioned that there is a testing laboratory in our factory. We will test the aluminum alloy 5052 sheets for making sure the thickness as your required.
Here you can see the table of 5052 aluminum sheet specifications.
|Aluminum Alloy No.||Temper||Thickness||Width(mm)|
|5052 Aluminum Sheet||O, H22, H24, H32,H34,H38,H111,H112||0.2mm~170mm||800mm~2250mm|
What are the difference between 3003 and 5052 aluminum sheet?
Both 3003 aluminum sheet and aluminum grade 5052 plates are popular on the market. And these two aluminium alloy sheets are widely used in many field. Then do you know the differences of they two? Broadly speaking, their main difference are chemical components, mechanical property, applications and prices. Besides, they differ in thickness.
Difference on physical properties
The chemical components of aluminum 3003 alloy sheet are different from 5052 alloy. The main chemical components of 3003 aluminum alloy are aluminum and manganese. While, the 5052 is aluminium magnesium alloy. Moreover, 3003 aluminum has higher aluminum content than 5052.
5052 aluminum has better mechanical property than 3003. For example, the tensile strength of 3003 h24 is about 145-195Rm/MPa, and 5052 is about 170-260Rm/MPa. As for the extension strength, 3003 h24 is about 115Rm/MPa. The extension strength of 5052 h24 is higher. It can reach 150Rm/MPa.
Difference on application and prices
These two alloys are applicable for different areas. It is applicable for you to apply the 3003 aluminium sheet under wet environment, such as refrigerators, air conditioners, cold storage, ventilation dusts, etc. While, utilizing aluminum plate 5052 alloy, you can manufacture electrical housing, traffic vehicles, pressure vessels and the like. For your reference, 5052 has wider applications than 3003. Because 3003 is mainly thin aluminium sheet, and 5052 has thin and thick aluminum.
Generally, 5052 aluminum prices are higher than 3003 aluminum. And pure aluminum sheets is more economic than 3003 alloy aluminium sheet.
How to apply aluminium grade 5052 sheet for your business?
CLIMB 5052 aluminum sheets has wide applications in many filed, especially in transportation, if you want to establish a boat building company or automobile factory, 5052 aluminum alloy will be a good choice for your production.
- Because of the corrosion resistance, you can apply CLIMB aluminium grade 5052 for your marine industry. 5052 sheet is a representation of 5000 aluminum sheet plates. 5000 series aluminium has good corrosion resistance. Even though there is saltwater in sea environment, our 5052 aluminum sheets has good anti-corrison performance. Besides, we can also offer you 5083 aluminum marine grade plates for your boat manufacturing. It is also a popular aluminum alloy for ship building among our customers.
- It is applicable for you to manufacturing automobile by using aluminium alloy 5052 plates. Recently, applying aluminum sheet for car production is a trend. Because of its high strength and light weight, the automobile performance has been highly improved. At the same time, the car will be more economic due to the decrease of fuel oil consumption.
Notice for you to further process the aluminium grade 5052
Aluminium grade 5052 has good processability. You can further process our 5052 aluminum plates for your own business. While, do you know the advantages and disadvantages of 5052 aluminum when processing? Here are some notice.
- If you are going to process 5052 alloy aluminium plate by cold stamping, the temper of aluminum sheet will influence the effects. 5052 O is the best temper for cold stamping. Both 5052 h32 aluminum and 5052 h34 aluminium sheets are applicable, too. But the effects will not as good as O temper. It’s worth noting that you had better not cold stamp the 5052 h36 or 5052 h38 aluminum.
- When you weld 5052 alu alloy sheet, it is workable by using gas welding, arc welding, resistance welding, spot welding and seam welding. But the effect of braze welding id better than soft soldering.
- Utilizing 5052 aluminum alloy for machining, it is better for you to machine it in cold hardening condition rather than annealing condition.